Haku

helmikuuta 22, 2017

Baby steps

Like all big life changes, they need to start slow. ''Jump in with both feet'' -Means committing to your goal, not ''change your whole life today''. How many of you have done this, ''Tomorrow I will start exercising, eat healthy and stop drinking & smoking'', then you do this for two days and quit. Why did you quit? Because you did it too fast.


When we are looking at the possible roads we could take, what they offer, and how it changes our lives, we need to really want it. For example, you can't change your diet just because you want to lose weight. If you take your time with it, you will see that you also want a healthier diet, more home-cooked instead of fast-food, and the skinnier healthier look that comes with balanced diet. All the aspects of that change has to be visual for you, so that you can make a full-hearted decision.

This is how the idea of minimalist life came to me. I don't have a lot of stuff (compared to few of my friends) But I have a lot of collective stuff, and it's all out there for the world to see, not stuffed in drawers.

I started to look around my apartment, thinking why? Why do I have so much stuff. I don't need this, so I shouldn't have it right?. One day, I will live in a Class C camper full-time, and before that, I need to get rid of a lot of stuff. Luckily, I have time before that dream takes place, so I can make a full-hearted decision instead of a fast one.

So how did I get here? It was many small things that I will talk about later, but lastly thanks to a movie. I've watched the movie Fight Club multiple times, and I've always loved the quotes, but they didn't mean that much before. I guess you have to have a certain state of mind before something you've heard million times affects you. Last time I watched Fight Club, I took those quotes to heart.

So this is where I get off from the ''regular-road'' and start heading towards those wild paths.

"The things you own, end up owning you"
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"
"You have to know the answer to this question! If you died right now, how would you feel about your life?"
"We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like"
"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time"

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Kopioi viestisi koska jos se häviää bittiavaruuteen voit yrittää uudestaan! Kaikki kommentit tarkistetaan ennen julkaisua - pidäthän viestisi asiallisena :>