Haku

helmikuuta 24, 2017

To Finn or not to Finn

I usually don’t think of myself as a Finn. I don’t like Sauna. Ice Hockey is not interesting and I find super-Finnish patriotism pathetic. “Finland is only for Finns” Ugh kill me now.

We have what we call “basic Finn's”, that are close minded and racist. Men can’t show emotions or they are weak, there are only heterosexuals among us, woman can only be a wife nothing more, and animals are only products. And guess what, they run our government now! No wonder my thirst for the full-time rv life is getting bigger every day. The "basic Finn's" eat the soul of Finland, and they actually think they are doing this for Finland, which only makes it worse.

Someone I know, was in a pub wearing a Finland hoodie, and some darker skinned teenagers were (in her words) staring at her, and her impulse was to give them the middle finger. When she told me this, I thought she was kidding, but no.

What if they were tourists or exchange students? What a lovely image they have of our country now. And ofc you will get looks in pub wearing that shirt! Being overly patriotic is kind of Finland's ‘murica. Racism is a big issue in Finland.

I don't think there is harmony in Finland, maybe Finn's hearts are frozen from the weather? I don't know. But it's not for me.

With all it's faults, I do love Finland, as a country. Beautiful forests, lakes, hills, just so much nature. It's breathtaking really. And the space is unbelievable. New York could actually fit into Finland 278 times. Yes, 278 times. And still there is three hundred thousand people more in New York, than in all of Finland. So while people live on top of each other, we live with space, or at least the option of space.

If only the people here would be as free as the land is. Because racism, is not an opinion, it’s a flaw in character.

Me and Finland.. It really is a love & hate relationship.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Kopioi viestisi koska jos se häviää bittiavaruuteen voit yrittää uudestaan! Kaikki kommentit tarkistetaan ennen julkaisua - pidäthän viestisi asiallisena :>